Submit Your Game
Submissions for 2022 AGDAs have not yet opened.
While we try to accommodate as many Australian games as possible for the AGDAs, there are some games we cannot facilitate. Please read the following criteria carefully to find out if your game fits the eligibility criteria.
To be eligible:
- Games must be in a digital format. The AGDAs cannot currently facilitate TTRPG, Boardgames or physical only products.
- Applicants must include the games intended full release date (Early-Access release dates do not count) with their submission, this release date must fall between 1 October 2021 and within 60 days of the 2022 ceremony date. * (Excluding Ongoing Games)
- Applicants must make release versions of the game digitally available to the judge by submission close date, later builds and updates will not be accepted.
- Games that were nominated in previous years are not eligible for re-nomination
(Excluding Ongoing Games)
- More than 50% of the game must have been developed in Australia.
- Applicants must provide valid contact information for each game submitted.
- The game must be in a complete and working state and be clear what software and hardware is required to use the product.
- Games with any required non-commercial bespoke equipment or any location specific requirements required to play are ineligible.
- Judges reserve the right to consider a game ineligible for judging.
BESPOKE AWARDS CRITERIA:
- Games must have had a major update between 1 October 2021 – 30 September 2022.
- Ongoing Games must include access to any relevant updates, DLCs or general content that game is to be judged upon.
- Emerging Games must be developed by a Student Team or an Early Career Developer (defined as a developer who has been developing for less than 5 years or producing their first major game).
- Bespoke Awards are treated as a standalone submission, they are not in the running for any other awards in any other categories.
*Accurate release dates are provided in good faith by the applicant, the Judging Committee reserves the right to validate the legitimacy of these release dates as per their discretion.
- A Submission Fee of $30 AUD (excl.GST) applies to each game submitted. Multiple submissions will incur multiple fees.
- Applicants must provide their invoice details upon submission.
- Invoices will be issued once submissions close.
- Invoices are expected to be paid by August 31st
(If you are experiencing financial hardship, please reach out to email@example.com for assistance)
- Submissions that do not pay the Submission Fee will be considered ineligible for judging.
- There is no charge for submissions for the Career, Contribution & Culture awards.
Please note that all game categories must receive a minimum of 3 entries in order to proceed with an award.
All eligible categories will be announced to games applicants at the beginning of the judging process.