Submit Your Game
AGDAs 2024 Submissions will open May 2024
MAKE AN ENTRY:
(Submissions for the 2023 AGDAs are now closed)
While we try to accommodate as many Australian games as possible for the AGDAs, there are some games we cannot facilitate. Please read the following eligibility criteria carefully to find out if your game fits the eligibility criteria.
To be eligible:
- Games must be in a digital format. The AGDAs cannot currently facilitate TTRPG, Boardgames or physical only products.
- Applicants must include the games intended full release date (Early-Access release dates do not count) with their submission, this release date must fall between 1 August 2022 and December 3rd 2023. *
- Applicants must make a working version of the game digitally available to the judge by submission close date, later builds and updates will not be accepted.
- Games that were nominated in previous years are not eligible for re-nomination.
- The majority of the game must have been developed in Australia.
- Applicants must provide valid contact information for each game submitted.
- The game must be in a complete and working state and be clear what software and hardware is required to use the product.
- Games with any required non-commercial bespoke equipment or any location specific requirements required to play are ineligible.
- Judges reserve the right to consider a game ineligible for judging.
* Accurate release dates are provided in good faith by the applicant, the Judging Committee reserves the right to validate the legitimacy of these release dates as per their discretion.
ADDITIONAL AWARD CRITERIA:
The following categories have additional criteria.
Excellence in Ongoing Games:
A) Submissions for this category are treated as a standalone submission only; they are NOT in the running for any other awards in any other categories.
B) Ongoing Games must have had a major update between 1 June 2022 – 31 May 2023 and are exempt from Rules 2 & 4 of the Eligibility Criteria above.
C) Ongoing Games must include access to any relevant updates, DLCs or general content that game is to be judged upon.
Excellence in Emerging Games:
A) Emerging Games must be developed by a Student Team or an Early Career Developer (defined as a developer who has been developing for less than 5 years or producing their first major game).
- A Submission Fee of $30 AUD (excl.GST) applies to each game submitted. Multiple submissions will incur multiple fees.
- Applicants must provide their invoice details upon submission.
- Invoices will be issued upon application.
- Invoices are expected to be paid by June 30th (If you are experiencing financial hardship, please reach out to email@example.com for assistance)
- Submissions that do not pay the Submission Fee will be considered ineligible for judging.
- There is no charge for submissions for the Career & Culture awards.
Please note that all game categories must receive a minimum of 3 entries in order to proceed with an award.
For more details on the judging process, please see our overview of the Judging Process and Judging Assessment Criteria.