AGDA Extension of Deadline and Rule Change
Thank you so much to everyone who has already submitted for the AGDAs!
The Australian Game Developer Awards (AGDAs) are a national event celebrating outstanding games and individual achievements by Australian game developers.
As the Australian industry continues to grow and evolve, game release deadlines are becoming more susceptible to change due to publishing agreements and console certification checks.
This has led to a more commonly occurring issue where release-ready games that would typically be out by the time of the AGDAs ceremony, end up with release dates that don’t fall within the AGDAs eligibility timeframe (stipulated in eligibility criteria #2).
Based on community feedback about this issue over the past couple of years, the AGDAs team have decided to adapt rule two of the Eligibility Criteria.
Changes to our criteria are listed in bold below.
To be eligible:
- Games must be in a digital format
- Games must be fully released between 1 October 2020 and 30 September 2021. *
Applicants must include the games intended full release date with their submission, this release date must fall between 1 October 2020 and within 60 days of the 2021 ceremony date. *
(Excluding Ongoing Games)
- Applicants must make release versions of the game digitally available to the judge by submission close date, later builds and updates will not be accepted.
- Games that were nominated in previous years are not eligible for re-nomination
(Excluding Ongoing Games)
- More than 50% of the game must have been developed in Australia.
- Applicants must provide valid contact information for each game submitted.
- The game must be in a complete and working state and be clear what software and hardware is required to use the product.
- Games with any required non-commercial bespoke equipment or any location specific requirements required to play are ineligible.
- Game submissions that do not fit the criteria of the category they have self-nominated for will not be judged in that category.
- Judges reserve the right to consider a game ineligible for judging.
BESPOKE AWARDS CRITERIA:
- Ongoing Games must have had a major update between 1 October 2020 – 30 September 2021.
- Ongoing Games must include access to any relevant updates, DLCs or general content that game is to be judged upon.
- Emerging Games must be developed by a Student Team or an Early Career Developer (defined as a developer who has been developing for less than 5 years or producing their first major game).
- Bespoke Awards are treated as a standalone submission, they are not in the running for any other awards in any other categories.
*Accurate release dates are provided in good faith by the applicant, the judging committee reserves the right to validate the legitimacy of these release dates as per their discretion.
Because of these eligibility changes and the recent stress within Australia due to COVID, We have decided to extend our submission deadline to the 29th of July 2021.
No submissions will be received or acknowledged after this date.
The AGDAs strives to ensure we are constantly growing and changing to meet the needs of the Australian games industry. We believe this change will help alleviate release date fears within our community and help us to acknowledge and promote outstanding Australian Games.
MAKE AN ENTRY
Make a Games Submission.
Make a Career, Contribution & Culture Submission.